Voiceovers And My 2016 Goals – The GKN Update 1/5/16
Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a fun & safe holiday season. Back to reality!
Usually at the beginning of the year I write about how to set your annual goals. I’ve done that a bunch of times and it’s kind of old hat. This year I’m doing something slightly different. This time, I’ll list some of my 2016 goals and walk you through my Systems of Thought to demonstrate how I came to them.
You’re back? OK, cool.
Like every year, I break down my goals into five categories:
- Cash Flow
Cash Flow goals for 2016 include…
- Make more money than I did in 2015 (duh)
- Spend less than I will make (double duh)
- Save/invest as much or more than I did in 2015
- Land more agents
Tools goals for 2016 include…
- improve the quality of my home recording
- Update Commercial and Explainer demos
- Build contact databases for new genres I plan to explore in 2016
Technique goals for 2016 include…
- Get more coaching
- Improve the quality of my auditions
Marketing goals for 2016 include…
- Reach out to more potential clients
- Contact all past and current clients via newsletter and other campaigns
Health goals for 2016 include…
- Lose more weight
- Lower my cholesterol
- Improve my home furnishings
TIP OF THE WEEK
It’s pretty clear why I have some of those goals. I made X in 2015 so in 2016 I want to make more. Some of the other goals are consequences of time (improve home recording quality, improve my home furnishings, etc.)
Notice how I didn’t list the specifics of the goals? Some of them I omitted because how much I make, for example, is not for public consumption. Others seem vague because these are goals I want to achieve, not how I’m going to achieve them. The how are what I call Actionable Items. We’ll talk about those next week…
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
Trust remains the coin of the realm. David Gergen
From my village to yours; this is Tom Dheere, GKN News…
Tom Dheere is a 20-year veteran of the voice over industry who has narrated thousands of projects for clients in over a dozen countries. He is also a coach at Edge Studio, voiceover business consultant known as the Voice Over Strategist, and is currently writing & producing the comic book “Agent 1.22”.