Voiceover Spring Cleaning! – The GKN Weekly Update 7/22/14
NEWS AND NOTES!
- If you haven’t heard the news, FaffCamp is ON!!! They got enough signups to make it happen and I couldn’t be happier. There still some spots left if you wanna get in on all the Faffy goodness. Just go to www.faffcamp.com to register and don’t forget you can save $25 by using my promo code VT8987248. See you there!
- A big thanks to all of the folks who attended my Edge Studio Business and Money 201 webinar, “Cost/Benefit Analysis”. Any time I can get paid to talk about spreadsheets is a dream come true, indeed.
- The second Daddy School book, “Father Christmas” is now on sale!
- I started recording “Freemasons for Dummies” at Audible Studios in Newark last week. It was a pleasure to see so many familiar faces!
I like bookmarks. No, not the flimsy paper things you use to keep your place in a book. I mean the kind on the Interwebs. I have well over 200 bookmarks: from my banking websites to my hobby websites and everything in between. Occasionally I go through them and clean them up.
One of the folders that I store bookmarks in is for social media sites that I don’t use very often. I went through it and hoo boy was there a ton of social media sites I haven’t looked at in years. You know what I did? Among others, I deleted my profiles for Plaxo, Uniiverse, Game Voices, and (are you ready?) MySpace!
Yeah, when was the last time you went to THAT site? I was on MySpace every day before Facebook came along.
In a fit of “cleaning house”, I went to my Facebook profile and un-Liked over 100 pages. Crazy, right? And it was all kinds of stuff, too. Restaurants, bands, movies that never got made, even shared memories of former friends and ex-girlfriends.
TIP OF THE WEEK: Deleting those profiles and un-Liking all those pages was quite cathartic. I felt lighter, cleaner, less burdened in some way. Sometimes I need to do silly things like that once in a while as a kind of mental Spring cleaning (Yes, I know it’s summer but don’t be so dang literal). I acknowledge it’s a form of Administrivia but in small doses I think it’s good for you.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
STUFF!: I still have a few audio book free download codes for:
- “Game-Based Marketing: Inspire Customer Loyalty Through Rewards, Challenges, and Contests” by Gabe Zichermann, Joselin Linder
- “Common Nonsense: Glenn Beck and the Triumph of Ignorance” by Alexander Zaitchik
- “Safe Harbor” by Judith Arnold
If you want one, let me know!
From Tom Dheere’s apartment, this is Tom Dheere: GKN News…