The Top 5 Top 5 Lists of 2013! – The GKN Weekly Update 12/17/13
Hello and welcome to the last GKN Weekly Update of 2013! Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve fall on Tuesdays this year so that kind of mucks things up.
Once again I bring you my Top Five Top Five Lists of 2013!
It went over pretty well last year so I thought I’d do it again. Enjoy!
Top Five “Professional Highlights of 2013″
- Beat my 2012 sales with one month to spare
- Traveled to Charlotte, Philly, Dallas, Austin, and San Antonio
- Spoke at FaffCamp, FaffCon 5, MCA-I, and multiple Meetup Groups
- Was the Marketing Consultant and host of “Tom’s Tiki Lounge” for Voice Over Virtual
- Became the Program Director for the Voiceover Cafe podcast
Top Five “Tips of the Week”
- Family & friends always come first!
- There are a lot more crazy people out there than you think.
- It’s a lot easier to be a true professional when you listen.
- The keys to successful marketing & networking are: be nice and be yourself!
- Don’t mess with New Jersey!
Top 5 Quotes
- People are basically good; if you give them the right tools, they’ll prove it to you every day. Biz Stone
- Don’t believe everything you think. Allan Lokos
- I’ve never met a man I could love and trust at the same time. Safe Harbor by Judith Arnold
- I’d rather be insulted by an intelligent person than praised by a moron. Jennifer Hixon
- Success is the measure of how many little things you do right. Jeffry Eisenberg
Top 5 Films (this one is in order)
- Cloud Atlas (am I the only person who loved this movie?!)
- Silver Lining Playbook
- Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox
- Stand Up Guys
- In a World
Top 5 Books
- New Rules of Marketing and PR by David Meerman Scott
- Sudden, Broken, and Unexpected by Steven Popkes
- The Boolean Gate by Walter Jon Williams
- Scout by Bud Sparhawk
- Close Encounters by Andy Duncan
TIP OF THE YEAR: I learned a lot about people this year. I learned that if a person has a problem with you, it’s not necessarily because of something you did or said. Sometimes it’s about them and whatever they’re going through. Sometimes they even make a conscious effort to make your life a living hell but it’s because of their own neuroses & insecurities. And sometimes they’re just plain nuts. Or broken. Or both. Learn to listen, learn to forgive, and learn how to file a restraining order!
To my fellow Faffers, voice talkers, friends, and family alike: thank you for making 2013 the best year ever!
From Tom Dheere’s apartment, this is Tom Dheere: GKN News…