GKN Weekly Update 10/2/12 – FaffCon’s a-Comin’!
Happy October! Fall has fallen and man, am I glad. Autumn is my favorite time of year. The crisp weather, the falling leaves, the apple cider. Do you know why else…?
That’s right, y’all! Next week is FaffCon 5; the funnest, swankiest, and overall bestest voiceover conference there is. I am a Kool Aid-drinkin’ disciple and I worship at the feet of Amy Snively, the creator of FaffCon.
This time around FaffCon will be in Charlotte, North Carolina from October 12 to October 14 and I am excited on many levels:
- I’ve never been to Charlotte! I’ve heard only wonderful things about North Carolina. Not only that, I’m driving down and there is nothing better than an autumn road trip! We’re planning a “Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives” tour along the way.
- It’s a chance to spend quality time with good friends and make some new ones.
- I gain copious amounts of knowledge about the voiceover industry through the seminars which are ran by the participants themselves. No guest speakers, no boring lectures! There are always at least three seminars going on at the same and you can never go wrong, regardless of which one you sit in on.
- I get to contribute by leading some seminars. This year I have not one but TWO topics lined up and I will be co-presenting with some of the best voices in the business!
- Every time I attend FaffCon, I grow! I always come away with new knowledge about myself as both a professional voice talent and a person.
TIP OF THE WEEK: It’s one thing to attend networking events. It’s another thing to attend conferences. But go to FaffCon, to be in the presence of such great talent and even greater people, the lessons learned and the fulfillment achieved is incalculable. Take it upon yourself to seek out like-minded people in your field. Engage them. Share your knowledge and your experiences. Trust me, you and those around you will be better for it!
QUOTE OF THE WEEK: You haven’t learned how to live until you learn how to give. Kirk Douglas
STUFF!: This past weekend I had the pleasure of going back to the Warwick Valley Winery. What a great day!
From Tom Dheere’s apartment, this is Tom Dheere; GKN News…